Trees provide fresher air and a relaxing look to any home, so it is important that they are well taken care of. Just like all the other plants in your garden, they also need to be trimmed from time to time in order to keep them healthy. In fact, here are some of the benefits of trimming your tree regularly:
- It keeps your tree healthy
- We can prevent unwanted accidents
- Aesthetic appearance
- Provides better air circulation and sun exposure for leaves
- To make the new branches sturdier and stronger
Since tree trimming is important for the maintenance of our trees, we should also know where and how we would be able to acquire professionals who know how to do the job. No matter where you live, there’s a good chance that there’s a tree company nearby that specializes in tree trimming and tree removal services.
TYPES OF TREE TRIMMING
Before you call your local tree company, it’s also important to know a little bit about the service they are going to do. Here are some of the most common types of tree trimming.
This is the most basic of the different types of trimming, where it simply removes the smaller branches or limbs of the tree to improve the appearance of the tree.
Unlike fine pruning, standard pruning removes the larger branches of the tree in order to make the branch structure sturdier. That way, the tree would be less susceptible to falling or breaking during storms and strong winds.
This type of tree trimming focuses more on removing the branches or parts of the tree that pose a safety hazard for the place around it. Larger branches are removed here, thus making the tree safer for passers-by and other furniture placed near it.
Crown Reduction Trimming
This process reduces the crown of the tree, and usually, the parts that are close to power lines are removed. Both the larger and smaller branches are removed, and the overall shape of the tree may change entirely. However, tree companies keep a rule of thumb to remove only a maximum of one-third of the tree’s crown.
WHY HIRE PROFESSIONALS FOR TREE TRIMMING SERVICES
Based on the types of tree trimming that you saw above, you might think that you could do the pruning yourself. However, here are some of the reasons why it’s actually better to hire professionals for the job:
- The process is safer since professionals will be the ones who will handle the equipment and reach the crown of the tree.
- Unlike us, tree companies already have their own tools and equipment that are specifically designed for tree trimming services.
- The professionals in a tree company have years of experience in the field, and they have already handled all types of trees in the past, including the tree that you have on your property.
- The most important thing about these companies is that they are licensed to operate tree trimming services. These different accreditations can usually be seen on their official company website, giving you the assurance that they are qualified for their work.